Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stage 1 TDU

Today the tour down under kicked with the first stage from mawson lakes to angaston. The stage was won by the flying tasmanian Mathew Goss and he now leads the tour as a result of todays win. He is sensational shape and will be difficult for anyone to beat him to the overall title. For me it was my first protour race with my new team Liguigas Cannondale. I had goosebumps on the start as it was a moment i had only dreamed off not so long ago. Riding in the worlds premier series with one of the worlds premier teams, i am pretty excited. My plan today was to watch for dangerous moves but try and save as much energy as possible for later in the tour. With the inevitable bunch sprint today my role was simply to stay out of trouble and ensure our sprinters were in the best position for the sprint. Elia Viviani was 5th which was a great result for him, he is a super talent and will continue to be at the front whenever he races this season. I finished safely in the bunch and achieved my goal taking it as easy as possible which i hope holds me in good stead when the race reaches some tuffer terrain on thursday and saturday. Some quick facts for the day from my SRM power control are as follows

Av Power 191watts
Av Heart Rate 133
Distance 138km
Av Speed 41kmph
Time 3hr 17min
Energy 2334kj
Max Power 1000watts

After the race, quick stretch, protein shake, massage and a little nap

now its time for tea

cjw

No comments:

Post a Comment